Monday, February 13, 2012

Cupcakin'


In life, not everything is sweet, but cupcakes are. This valentines day there are thousands of things you should probably do. But one that I think is most important, is cupcakes.

My entire life, I have never known someone to be more obsessed with food then my own mother. From the second she wakes up, to the minute she turns into a pumpkin on the couch every night, that woman's mind is a one way street. FOOD. Growing up, my family was never the emotional type. We were told to, "Suck it up," or, "Let it go and move on." So whenever people come to talk to us about their emotions, we do the best thing we know, feed them. My mother would always say, "Food makes people happy, and everybody needs food."

Now that valentines day is around the corner, I don't know how to deal with all these loving emotions. So what do I do? iBake.  Knowing that all of my closest friends mean a great deal to me, I don't know how to express my feelings to them, so I made a batch of red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

I believe in life that everyone should figure out the best way to express their feelings, because life is full of relationships and everyone needs to know how to handle them. Whether it be with your mom, brother, sister, boyfriend, girlfriend, or maybe even your dog, relationship are everywhere. You keep the people you want in your life if they are important to you and the ones that slip away must of not been that important in your life. The way I solve fights, breakups, deaths, births, (I think you get the picture) is with food.

Everyone deserve a little happiness, whether it's valentines day or not. A simple smile to a stranger, a cupcake to a grumpy coworker or a pat on the back for achieving a small task, are all things you should probably start doing.



1 comment: