Monday, February 6, 2012

"I'd rather have a life of 'Oh wells' than a life of 'What ifs'."




There are a million things in life that everyone should do at least once. Some of the things you've probably already done, and the other half is just an idea or a dream. Life is all about making choices, whether it be bad choices or good choices, there is always a story that could be told. Life is short. Eventhough I am only in my twenties, I feel like it is flying by me faster than a Kardashian’s wedding.

My whole life, I have discovered a couple things that I believe everyone should experience. I have watched and heard about adventures from my friends that get me extremely jealous. I have dreams of my own that I will hopefully, eventually, accomplish. Everyone should live his or her life to the brim. If you pass an opportunity by, it may never come around again. Take chances, make mistakes and tell your stories.

Nowthat’s where this blog comes into play. You should probably get off that computer chair and start doing things, making those choices you’ve always said no to, but secretly wanted to do. Why not? Life is all about having fun, learning, growing and experiences. 

The latest, "Oh well," in my life happened last weekend. It involved friends, carpet cleaner, and a couple alcoholic beverage referred to as an,"Adios Mother F@#!er," or "AMF."

Going out in a college setting nightlife, could put a lot of pressure on someone.This night got the best of Jess. (Name has been changed due to this; "Oh well" moment is rather embarrassing). Anyone in college, or really, anyone, (at the appropriate age of 21 or older) should get wasted. As the"I love college," singer Asher Roth would say, "Time isn't wasted, when you're getting wasted." So, poor little Jess was having the time of her life at the bar. Encouraging her to drink more and more, I new this night would be one for the books. 

As the bar lights turn on, we call a cab and wobble with our sea legs all the wayhome, laughing and still singing the karaoke song that was on over a half hour ago. The next morning my phone rings. I squint through my exhausted eyes to the deathly bright screen to see Jess is calling. 

"Hello?"
"Are you sitting down?"
"Uhh..yeah.. why?"
"One of the most embarrassing things has happened to me.."
"WHAT?"
"Last night, I think I peed on my floor. Like I got out of bed, took of my pants and just peed!"
"............."

After recapping the night and realizing that we will never be drinking AMF's everagain, (or at least for awhile) we were rolling on the floor with laughter. Well, not literally, that would be gross... 

Life throws you a lot of things you just got to say, "Oh well" too. This was Jess's. Yes it is embarrassing, and yes it's extremely gross but what if we never went out that night? What if we stayed home and watched reruns of The Bachelor and absolutely nothing exciting happened to our lives? You have to experience college to the fullest, laugh at yourself and move on.  

Now, I'm not saying to go have a couple drinks then pee on your floor, I'm saying you need to get out there and take chances. Because those changes bring people together, are learning experiences, and will 80% be stories to tell your grandchildren (at the appropriate age). 

In other words, you should probably do this. 



3 comments:

  1. What a great first post! I love your adventurous tone, and ability to make readers feel like you actually write to them. When you said "get off that computer chair and start doing things" I felt like "oh damn, she caught me." Lol, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's important to urinate in a variety of places.

    ReplyDelete