Tuesday, April 10, 2012

#twitter

tweet tweet

Twitter may be one of the greatest social media’s of the 21st century. Being able to “tweet” from anywhere in the world, to following Justin Beiber and seeing what he ate for breakfast, is both satisfying and odd...

I’ll admit, I’m a sucker for twitter. I follow a selected group of friends, my fav celebrities  - Lauren Conrad, Ellen Degeneres, Zooey Deschanel. Miley Cyrus, but I do follow more important twitter accounts where I actually gain some knowledge from it. For example I follow ABC 7 News where I get the latest bay area breaking news right to my phone. And if there’s an interesting news story, I can just click on the link to watch the video or read more. I also follow President Barack Obama and other political figures, as well as my favorite magazines and business companies.

Now-a-days, everyone has a twitter. But if I read one more tweet of somebody complaining about the rain I may punch something. I am guilty of tweeting food and claiming I’ve had, “The worst day ever,” but twitter has begun to be the capitol of social networks for complaining. Instead of keeping their issues to themselves, users are broadcasting how much they hate the rain or the type of bagel they ate at SVB.

Twitter is a great site. You should probably go through your list of followers and see which ones you actually find the tweets interesting and ones that are informational to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment