Thursday, February 23, 2012

You won't regret this


"In 20 years, you will be more disappointed by what you didn’t do than by what you did." – Mark Twain 




After procrastinating, and being on Facebook, I came across an article one of my “friends” posted. It’s an article called, Top Five Regrets of the Dying from guardian.co.uk written by Susi Steiner. Intrigued by the title, I read it. Here it is.


A nurse recorded the top five regrets of the patience she had, and here they are…

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

I’ve always heard that you can never be old and wise if you were never young and crazy. I fully and completely believe in that. After reading these top 5 regrets of life, it makes you want to do them. No matter what, people are going to have regrets in life. As long as you learn from them, there’s not much else you can do unless you’ve discovered time travel. I have decided to stick to these 5 regrets. Well, instead of regrets flip them, like this.

1. Live life for myself, not a life other expect from me.
2. Don’t work so hard, remember what makes you truly happy and do it.
3. Don’t be afraid to express my feelings.
4. Stay in touch with my friends.
5. Be happier.

These simple 5 things motivate me. As cheesy as it sounds, we do only live once, and you only get one shot at your life. I don’t want to worry or having regrets whenever the end for me comes. Even if you don’t know when death is upon you, you don’t want to think of things you wish you had done differently. So take those chances, do what really makes you happy, live life like it’s you last day and never let anyone stand in your way of your life. 

In other words… you should probably start living the life you’ve always wanted to live. 

1 comment: